Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 in a glance

Time flies(everyone would surely agree)... Without me realizing, 2008 has come to an end. 2008 is byfar the most unforgettable year of my life (obviously because I just experienced it). This is the first year I left my boarding school life, to find myself stepping into another stage of my life. I took up South Australian Matriculation in March and I received the result on the 17th of December. As we approach the end of 2008, I started pondering upon everything that happened this year. Many of them include first time experiences, such as:

I rode a motorbike for the first time and I passed my bike test in my first attempt! I also got my driving license.

I went on a vacation to Pulau Redang. There, I went snorkelling and scuba diving for the first time. I also went to Cambodia, a country I have never been before.

My malay friends visited my house for Chinese New Year. This is the first time they came to my house.

I became a volunteer of Malaysian Institute of Integrity and went to MRSM Taiping for the first time. This is also the first time I became a support facilitator. I gained much valuable experiences there.

I visited Hani's house for raya. This is my first raya visit to my friend's house. Thanks Hani for the great open house. =)

Apart from the many first time, I managed to recruit 2 of my classmates to be my comrades for Taylor's Intra-college Debate. They performed extremely well for first timers! Besides debating, I was the representative to give a speech during Tan Sri Dato' Dr Loy Hean Heong scholarships award ceremony. Now that's a brand new experience!

I also went to Red Box and ice-skating in Sunway Pyramid. Yet another first time for me. 
Not to mention, I experienced a prom night. Yes, your guess is right. Another first time!

Getting know a bunch of great classmates is also another memorable thing. 

Furthermore, my sister also got married to a person from the United States. Meet Alex, my bro-in-law. =)


2008 is also the year I learnt that securing a scholarship is not an easy task. I failed to secure JPA scholarship. Hopefully it's a blessing in disguise. This encouraged me to work hard in SAM. The end result? Wasn't that bad. Hopefully, with my result, I will manage to secure a good scholarship to further my studies in a renown university in 2009. I am ready and I look forward towards what lies ahead in 2009. Bring it on... Thanks for the great memories everyone, thanks for making 2008 a spectacular year.

Last but not least, happy 2009! New year resolutions, anyone? ;)

No comments: