"When the moon passes between the sun and the earth, strange fascination takes root in the heart and suddenly anything is possible. Its power is undeniable; its beauty, mesmerizing; its lure, biblical; its meaning, unknowable; and as quickly as it comes, it disappears, leaving us to dwell on our own insignificance in the face of God." -Memorable quote from Heroes, episode: It's Coming!-
So did you manage to witness the solar eclipse on the first day of Chinese New Year? Be sure to take up the following safety precautions though when viewing eclipse...
Basically I only know a few ways but I will only recommend one method - Wear eclipse glasses!

Eclipse glasses offer the best protection to your eyes when viewing the bright sun. Some people are claimed to be blinded by the blazing sun rays. Other methods which are recommended by the professionals are accepted as well. *The blogger is not responsible for any injuries caused when viewing solar eclipse*

The beginning of the eclipse (around 4.30pm)
The developing eclipse
The near mid-eclipse as seen in KL
It is certainly a fascinating sight for me as this is my first time. I guess I will pay more attention for more opportunities in the future..hopefully the next time when I view it, it will be an annular solar eclipse!
"It starts with light and ends with light. And in-between there is darkness. Nothing there is beyond hope, nothing that can be sworn impossible. Nothing left unimagined since Zeus, father of the Olympians, made night from midday - hiding the light of the shining sun - and raining dark fear down upon man." - Memorable quotes from Heroes, episode: It's Coming- (again)

No comments:
Post a Comment