Anyway, my software engineering assignment was due yesterday. We could design any softwares we wanted for this assignment. I decided on making a simple steganography software.
Steganography is the art of hiding a message in a picture. What good is a steganography software? I shall illustrate it with an example.
Can you find out what is the message encoded in the picture below?

I have encoded a message in this picture and I bet most of you don't know what it is. One use of it is to send secret message to a someone. Even if other people manage to intercept the picture, chances are, they won't suspect that there IS a message in it. It also comes in handy to send a message encoded with "I hate you" to someone you despise.
Update: My software doesn't work on jpeg images. I just downloaded this picture from this blog and I had no options but to save it as jpeg. Unless there's anyone out there that can save this picture as bitmap, there's no chance that this message can be decoded using my software! So you will never know what message is in it. Once again, my secret is safe. *evil laugh*

No comments:
Post a Comment