Saturday, April 11, 2009

My Trip to Gold Coast

Today, UQ Malaysian Students' Association organized a trip to Gold Coast. I, as a person who is excited over the opportunity to visit one of the finest beach in the world and who is confused over what to do during mid-semester break, signed up for this event. We departed around 8.45a.m. from UQ and our first stop was Harbour Town.

Harbour Town is a shopping centre where souveneirs or groceries can be obtained here. As students, we managed to get ourselves discount coupons and this how the queue to get the coupon is like.

After hours of shopping (or window shopping), we departed to Surfers' Paradise. This is where the main beach in Gold Coast lie. Just then, it rained. =.="

The rain ruined the spectacular view of Gold Coast. It is still fun though to walk around the beach under the drizzles. This is how Gold Coast in rain looks like. I hope the next time I come here, it would be a bright, sunny day!


After leaving the main beach, we paid a visit to Q-Deck, the tallest beach observation deck in Australia.


The lift took us from floor 1 to 77 in 43 seconds. Now that was FAST. At this altitude,you can get majestic view of Gold Coast and not to mention, everything looks so small.

The building looks small. The people in the beach looks small.

Even the helicopter looks small! I wonder what the helicopter is doing there though...

Besides that, there's a sign showing the distance between Gold Coast and Melbourne and in which direction Melbourne and some other major cities in the world lie.

After spending quite some time enjoying the view in the observation deck, it's time to go. I have to say, this observation deck really is awesome. It is even better than the beach (when it rains in the beach).


Before I went off, I snapped this photo from the building. But wait, if I am IN Q-Deck, how did I get to snap a sunset view of Q-Deck?

No comments: