Thursday, July 23, 2009

Laptop Issue

Last weekend, my memory card reader slot was stuck. A few days later, someone from DELL came and fixed it. In case you were wondering, this was what he did to my laptop.


He removed most of my laptop's component and changed a big board. Quite an unexpected action to fix a small problem... Anyway he too, joined the group of people who complained that my laptop was running slow. Well, he wasn't responsible for the blue screen. I was the one.

I thought about it for a while, and I decided to reinstall Windows XP in my computer, for the sake of enhancing my studying experience next semester. So, I spent the rest of my day reading up related articles and partitioned my laptop's disk properly(or so I hope). At long last, the blue screen(refer to my laptop's monitor in the picture above) appeared. The setup was nearly complete. Then, I spent my whole day yesterday installing back all the softwares that I needed. It was really, really time consuming... Sigh..

Now, my laptop ran faster than before (Since my laptop was sooo slow before this, any given speed is highly probably faster). Next up, I plan to try Ubuntu operating system out. I have been hearing so many good things about it ever since I set foot in uni. It will be time consuming to install it though. I can try that next holiday, perhaps?

3 comments:

Sueflyn said...

woohoo..
looks lik u bcame a comp pro alr ha!
my laptop is runnin slow too.. wanna reinstall it.. but dun dare to do such thing haha.. n i wouldn't spend whole day sitting down there like you doing such thing..
i hv no patience..haha

CWJ said...

No, I'm not a pro... at least not yet. I sat down and read the instructions on various websites before i reinstalled lol.. and I only did that because it was holiday! I believe ferng should be better at this than me.

Sueflyn said...

i think he spend even more time on comp than u la...XD