Have you ever being approached by a stranger who overheard your conversation about something academic with someone else? Well, I have.
Last night, I was explaining about my steganography application to my sister's boyfriend on our way back home from Melbourne city. In the middle of a conversation, a person sitting in the opposite row added a comment. That caught me dumbfounded for a moment.
Following that, he was telling us some advanced topics in which I'm not certain whether he's talking about quantum physics or its application in designing a chip to be implanted in lifeforms. All I could absorb from the conversation was just the term "Quantum Tunneling". After a while, he dropped off at one of the stations and bidded farewell.
It was an interesting conversation though, I have to admit; and not to mention, totally random. It must have taken him quite some guts to join in a group of strangers' conversation especially when the talk is quite academic. Perhaps he thought that he had found another computer programmer to share opinions with.. not knowing that I'm just an amateur in the field.
I only wished that I would have read more so that I could contribute more opinions and entertain him more.. and I have to be more careful with all the points I give out at anywhere as the there are more to the people around us than meet the eye. Who knows, the guy wearing shabbily who is eating a sandwich right next to you might be a highly expert professor, eager to share his opinion with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
"the guy wearing shabbily who is eating a sandwich right next to you might be a highly expert professor"
This is totally the disguise of that cleaner-esque man sitting outside the Physics building.
He sits there every afternoon, observing students' behaviour and waiting for the right one(s) to share his ideas with lol
Post a Comment