Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My short visit to Melbourne

One week has passed since I arrived in Melbourne, to avoid from being a full-time computer slave at home, I went out for a walk in the city last Friday.

The public transportations here are pretty convenient. I only have to walk a short distance to reach the train station nearby the place I stay and take a train to the city. However, you will have to push a button to open the doors of the train. It is not like those automatic doors in Malaysia. There are several stations in the city and it is up to you on which station you want to stop at. 

It isn't hard to navigate around the city as well as long as you have a map by your side. Even if you dont, you can always stop on Flinders Street station and grab a map in the visitor's centre nearby. There are also tourist trams known as city circle where you can hop on to have a ride around the city for free. How cool is that?

Anyway, here are some pictures.

A sneak peek on Melbourne's architecture (police car not included)

The state library.. there are lots of people hanging out on the grass field outside

The eyes of Melbourne.. service currently not available as high temperature disrupted the machine

That's all for the appetizer!

2 comments:

Farhana Bakri said...

take a pic of ur neighbourhood la.
whats the nearest mall there?

just curious. hehe.
take care bro! :)

CWJ said...

Nearest mall? Erm i think its boxhill plaza... I dont really snap much pics in the neighbourhood haha... just some pics
Available upon request =D
Anyway departing to brisbane tomorrow... Byebye melbourne!!!